The links to the products are below! I compiled a list of my top 10 choices for coin related items on Amazon. I often find myself with an Amazon gift card that I don't know what to do with, and I'm sure that many of you often do as well. That being said, watch the video and see if something catches your eye!
(Unfortunately 1920 got discontinued)
2019 Redbook: http://amzn.to/2CsRSzp
2019 Bluebook: http://amzn.to/2ENgM1M
Coins Magnifying Glass: http://amzn.to/2sFqQ8e
Cointainer Wrappers: http://amzn.to/2C56cCo
Indian Head Cent Collection (x10): http://amzn.to/2BBoFFx
Braided Hair Large Cent: http://amzn.to/2CtuNf
3 Cent Coin: http://amzn.to/2HnAcst
Liberty Head Nickel Collection (x7): http://amzn.to/2HtW5qk
American Silver Eagle: http://amzn.to/2EAXxJp
World Coin Grab Bag: http://amzn.to/2CsAZWV
Please like, comment, and subscribe. It keeps you updated on the channel & encourages me to keep producing.
7 Liberty Head Nickels
- A ten dollar item, this collection of v nickels, or liberty head nickels, is probably a cool pickup for a slightly-past-beginning collector. Many reviewers noted that the coins were less detailed than in the photo, but the price is reasonable for an Amazon coin set, and offer a look into a neat coin design.
- The 2018 book for buy prices, this is interesting for collectors to put in perspective the value of their coins. The prices are much lower than the redbook, but often represent a dealer buy price (though occasionally they are slightly inflated). It's a good accompaniment to the next item on the list, the 2018 redbook.
The #1 best seller in antiques and collectibles encyclopedias, it is a full color guide book of U.S. Coins that I believe is a must have for collectors. I haven't bought this year's edition, but I gained a ton of knowledge from the redbook in the past.
Foreign Coin Grab Bag
- One half pound of different world coins with very high ratings (about 4.8) , people seem to react very positively to this one. Some people complained that there were a couple coins with multiples and some poor coins included in the mix, but this could be really interesting for someone remotely interested in starting a collection.
- I looked for what seemed to be a very popular magnifying glass, and this definitely fit the bill. With an average of 4.4 stars, people like the 10x, 20x, and 30x magnification that it has to offer. Magnifying glasses benefit coin collectors by allowing them to examine their coins closely.
American Silver Eagle
- The lowest price American Silver Eagle that I could find on Amazon, anyone looking to invest in silver on Amazon should purchase this one, as it also has a 4.9 rating, with no 3-star or lower ones. You can use an Amazon Gift Card to convert it into silver.
1920 from the Matthew Mint
- This lot is something that I'd recommend to purchase for a very beginning collector. At only $14, collectors receive 45 wheat pennies (likely 40s and 50s), and potentially Indian Head Pennies, V Nickels, Buffalo Nickels, Steel Pennies, Silver War Nickels, or other older coins. I'd pick this out for someone who has very little experience collecting, as the dates and conditions are unlikely to be particularly valuable, but the variety can certainly spark curiosity.
Braided Hair Large Cent
- I find it super interesting that these cents are about the size of a quarter or half dollar. This is for a braided hair large cent below $20, so it's difficult to find any of them in super good condition since the seller needs to make a profit. The reason that this isn't higher on the list is that its rating is 3.7 stars - not terrible by any means, but there are some notable reviews complaining about relatively poor condition. However, the majority (68%) of reviews are 4 or 5 stars.
Indian Head Collection
- Something that I purchased a while ago, this collection of 10 different Indian Head Cents is something I wouldn't try to miss out on if I didn't have too many of them. People classified them as pretty decent condition, though a few reviews predictably claimed the coins were not quite as good as advertised. Anyone who wants a variety of Indian Head Cents should pick this up - it seems that most people (including me) received 10 different dates.
Three Cent Piece
The history and age of the coin combines with its interesting denomination for one of the neatest coins in American history. At around $17, it's a reasonable price to pay for one of the coins - not super cheap but by no means exorbitant. After 45 reviews, its rating stands at a very solid 4.4, with only 6% of reviews being below three stars. Overall, people seem satisfied with the condition, which is important, but not all the coins are the same so there could be some duds. However, I wouldn't worry about it since most felt good with their purchase.