Coaching, Employee Retention, Engagement, Careers, and Talent Management (Lecture 09) | HR Management - Principles of Management.
Subscribe this channel to get more knowledge,Lectures,Presentations etc.
Human Resource Management is a course designed to make the students familiar with the concepts of managing human resources. It is rightly said that the organizations need effective people not efficient people. The course also describes the bench mark practices of Human Resource Management
This course has been designed keeping the following objectives in mind:
1. Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the activities and decisions that inform the employment relationship and management including recruitment, selection, training, health and safety, employment laws, motivation, and productivity of employees.
2. Develop and design different forms and memos for recruitment, selection, TNA and performance appraisal of employees
3. Demonstrate and assess leadership in a professional context, by selecting and appraising appropriate styles for situations, and contributing and discussing relevant expertise, liaising with and assessing professional colleagues, and managing and evaluating a supporting team.
4. Conduct internal research on HR-related problems at work, and communicate results effectively to colleagues and peers.
1. Describe a comprehensive approach to retaining employees.
2. Explain why employee engagement is important, and
how to foster such engagement.
3. Discuss what employers and supervisors can do to support employees career development needs.
4. List and discuss the four steps in effectively coaching
5. List the main decisions employers should address in reaching promotion decisions.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
1. Explain what human resource management is and how it relates to the management process
2. Illustrate the human resources responsibilities of line and staff (HR) managers
3. Discuss and illustrate each of the important trends influencing human resource management
4. Describe important trends in human resource management
5. Explain why strategic planning is important to all managers
6. Explain the main generic types of corporate strategies and competitive strategies Explain why metrics are essential for identifying and creating high-performance human resource policies and practices
7. Discuss the nature of job analysis, including what it is and how it’s used
8. Write job descriptions, including summaries and job functions, using the Internet and traditional methods
9. Write a job specification
10. Explain what is meant by reliability and validity
11. List eight tests you could use for employee selection
12. Describe the strengths and weaknesses of the main types of selection interviews
13. Explain each of the four steps in the training process
14. Explain how to distinguish between problems you can fix with training and those you can’t
15. Explain five training techniques.
16. Describe four management development programs.
17. Define performance management and discuss how it differs from performance appraisal
18. Describe the appraisal process
19. Compare and contrast coaching and mentoring and describe the importance of each
20. Describe the basic factors determining pay rates
21. Describe the methods for conducting job evaluation
22. Explain how to apply five motivation theories in formulating an incentive plan
23. Describe the most popular organization wide variable pay plans
24. Describe each of the main pay for time not worked benefits.