Hi everyone! I haven't even bothered checking to see if anyone's made a video like this. I'm sure they have, but I made one myself! Now, there's really no directions whatsoever in the video, but I'll gladly post step-by-step instructions down below!
Since I'm not using WinRAR in this video, don't bother installing it. However, I'll make a video where you have to use WinRAR in order to extract the files. That'll be up a bit later!
1. It doesn't have to be The Sims Resource, but that's where I made the video
2. Go to whichever website you want to download your Sims 4 item
3. Once there, make sure to click "Download."
4. Once it has downloaded, go to Documents, Electronic Arts, The Sims 4, Mods (Mods is where all your items labeled .package at the end should go!)
5. Make sure you remember this spot. Go to your Downloads, then right click and CUT the item you just downloaded.
6. You can either find the Mods folder again, or just click the back arrow in the top left of the window. Right click PASTE the item, and it should be in your Mods folder!
7. Once you start The Sims 4 up, your downloaded item should be in your game!
Hope this video helped! Thanks for watching!
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE ITEMS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO. I ALSO DO NOT OWN THE SONG, OR THE SIMS 4 GAME OR ANYTHING RELATED TO IT.
*UPDATE 10/17/2014* Hi everyone! For those of you that need to unzip .rar or .zip files, use these links! WinRAR is absolutely free, and works great!
For 64-bit Windows: http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-64-bit/3000-2250_4-10965579.html
For 32-bit Windows: http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html
*UPDATE 11/22/2014* If you do not have a Mods folder for some reason (it should be in Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 - Mods), then make one, but make sure it's under The Sims 4! When you have made one, go to http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ygmzmejwkm/Resource.cfg and drag the downloaded file INTO the Mods folder, and there you go!